Biodegradable Wheat Straw Razors
5 Pack Biodegradable Razors | Plastic Free | Compostable Wheat Straw
Completely plastic-free razors!
- Wheat straw handle
- Stainless steel twin blades
- Compostable handle - remove blade head and put in compost bin
- 5 razors included in pack
Over 2-billion razor blade heads are thrown out every year and many of the plastic disposable razors & cartridges are constructed of so much rubber and plastic that they simply cannot be recycled. This eco-friendly razor is free from both plastic and rubber.
How is this possible? Wheat straw contains this substance known as lignin. It's an organic polymer inherent in the cell walls of plants, making them rigid and woody. When this lignin is combined with sugar, it can be turned into a type of bio-plastic that can be molded into useful tools like razors.
- It takes 3 to 6 months to turn to compost in your home compost and only 1 to 2 months in a local municipal facility.
- Wheat straw is renewable and sustainable.